Thanks for the quick reply. Where is exactly the proper point to consider it as "started on boot"? I really don't know how the Plan9 boot process follows along (I guess "something" loads /lib/profile which in turn loads /rc/bin/termrc, but I'm not even sure about this ordering), and so far the documentation for this is a little... too twisty. Ruben On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > A mildly related question, though (I'm getting a little lost among > > namespaces): > > > > How can I (I guess it's possible?) exportfs an external drive? As far as > I > > understand, 9import (or in general, import) will connect to my remote > > machine with the current username, in its own namespace, and as such an > > external drive (say, usbfat: mounted) won't be there (since the > mountpoint > > won't be in the remotely connected namespace.) Is there any workaround > for > > this? I can drawterm and cp, but I'd like to simplify it and just 9import > > via fuse and move files when needed. > > needs to be in export's namespace. easiest way to do this is to start it > on > boot and add to /lib/namespace. > > - erik > >