Sorry to be bothersome again, but still can't figure it out. I need /srv/dos available in /lib/namespace, so I can mount the external drive before anything else is done on the system, but to do so I need to execute dossrv, and in a namespace file I can't execute anything beside bind/mount and related commands (at least according to namespace(6)) Ruben On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > On Sat Mar 8 08:01:20 EST 2014, ruben@mostlymaths.net wrote: > > > Thanks for the quick reply. Where is exactly the proper point to consider > > it as "started on boot"? I really don't know how the Plan9 boot process > > follows along (I guess "something" loads /lib/profile which in turn loads > > /rc/bin/termrc, but I'm not even sure about this ordering), and so far > the > > documentation for this is a little... too twisty. > > it doesn't really have to be started at boot time, newns() will ignore > errors. > so as long as the relevant srv files are available before newns() is > called, > you can access them. > > - erik > >