A kind of crude workaround is using the whole /Users/whatever/file with spaces, selecting it with first button and 1-2 chording it to Get. This works on Mac, problem is that it's quite horrible to do. An intermediate solution may be to use some piping rule like sp:filename with spaces, but I don't remember if piping works with right-button and selected text or follows the same rules as opening a file. Ruben On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Robert Raschke wrote: > Someone once made a little filesystem that would substitute spaces in > filenames with a different character. When placed between the normal fs and > Acme, this would make things work quite nicely. > > If I remember correctly, Acme-SAC (built on top of Inferno) does that by > default. > > No idea where you can find such a fs for Mac though. But this might give > you a start. > > Robby > On Dec 11, 2013 6:19 PM, "Blake McBride" wrote: > >> Greetings, >> >> Just started using acme (and sam). Cool. >> >> I am using acme on a Mac form plan9port. >> >> Within a file list one can right-click a listing in order to decend into >> another directory or load a file. The problem is that neither work if a >> space is contained within the name. Apparently, the right-click >> functionality only looks at non-white space strings. An easy fix to this >> would be to allow the user to highlight the entire string (including >> spaces) and then right-click as normal. The system would allow the >> highlight facility to override the "just test for contigous non-space >> string" current functionality. >> >> Any thoughts on this? >> >> Thanks. >> >> Blake McBride >> >>