From: Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen <ole.hjalmar.kristensen@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Migration of vac score to fossil
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 01:31:38 +0100	[thread overview]

Yes, I was think about something like that. As an initial experiment, I
tried to used flfmt with the -v option on a vac archive just to see the
result. It seems that the vac archive does not contain the max qid that
flfmt needs. This seems strange to me, as vac -a should need this info just
as much as fossil needs it. Maybe it's tucked away somewhere else. Guess I
need to look some more at the code.

ole@ole-TECRA-R940 ~/Desktop/plan9 $ bin/fossil/flfmt -h 192.168.0.101 -v
f648dbae0075eb73bc394ad6cd4c059e655e127c fossil.dat
fs header block already exists; are you sure? [y/n]: y
fs file is mounted via devmnt (is not a kernel device); are you sure?
[y/n]: y
0xfb1e734c
0x1d1feaf1
c85978546e4048fce83120d3992cfc2f57ff2f8c
bin/fossil/flfmt: bad root: no qidSpace

    /*
     * Maximum qid is recorded in root's msource, entry #2 (conveniently in
e).
     */
    ventiRead(e.score, VtDataType);
    if(!mbUnpack(&mb, buf, bsize))