I agree with you that using the existing tag mechanism to keep multiple requests in flight should be sufficient. I get the impression that this is not readily supported by the higher level libraries, though. As an aside, I seem to remember that John Floren sugegsed (and implemented) changes to the 9P protocol making it more suitable for streaming media by creating another TCP connection on the side. On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:52 AM Ethan Gardener wrote: > > The idea, basically, is to use an open flag (OJUMBO) to signal that two > > connections to the same server should be attempted. > > What's the advantage over fcp(1)? 9p can have numerous requests "in > flight" at once to work around latency issues, but of all the user > programs, fcp is probably the only one which takes advantage of this. > > > If a second > > connection can be established, it is used for normal 9P transactions, > > while the first connection is used for large ("jumbo") writes. > > How large is "jumbo"? I believe all the user programs have 8KB buffers at > present; are you going to change them all? > > I'm not negative about this; just raising the points. ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Te69bb0fce0f0ffaf-M32ea06de21be8e55f94d0b3b Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription