Hmm. On both my plan9port and on a 9front system I find printarenas.c, but no script. Maybe you are thinking of the script for backup of individual arenas to file? Yes, that could be a starting point. Anyway, printarenas.c doesn't look too scary, basically a loop checking all (or matching) arenas. It seems possible to modify the logic to start at a specific offset. Not running fossil at the moment, btw., my main file server is a Linux box, but I use vac for backup, both at home and at work. Fossil is definitely on my todo list, although the reported behavior when running out of space is a bit scary. Do you know why it does not simply block further requests while checkpointing to venti, or even better, starts a snapshot before it runs out of space? On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Steve Simon wrote: > printarenas is a script - it walks through all your arenas at each offset. > > You could craft another script that remembers the last arena and offset > you successfully > transferred and only send those after that. > > I think there is a pattern where you can save the last arena,offset in the > local > fossil. Then you could mount the remote venti to check that last > arena,offset > that actually arrived and stuck to the disk on the remote site. > > On a similar subject I have 10 years of backups from a decomissioned work > server > that I need to merge into my home venti one of these days... > > -Steve > >