Understood. I'll give it a try and let you know how I go. Thanks. On Sun, Aug 26, 2018, 00:20 hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote: > nothing in the fqa mentions the tap device's mac address (which linux > generated randomly in order not to conflict with whatever you might be > using on the other side). > > look at the tap device as an ethernet interface that is plugged into > the same L2 switch as the VM's virtual interface. > > you don't want mac address collisions in one L2 network, so yes, use a > different one for the VM. > >