Thanks to you too. Fortunately working in research is perhaps the best part of the telephony system. As for editors, I used sam when I was working at Google. My esteemed coworkers used vim. brucee On 27/04/2017 1:35 PM, "Shane Morris" wrote: > He who convinces himself he don't need to learn from history should read > about the fall of the Roman Empire a little. > > But yeah, be damned if I'll ever work for the phone company again. Only > the railways was a more thankless job. > > It is a little pleasant to visit ones memories for some nostalgia from > time to time, I went and saw the big C band dish we put up beside my trade > school department in '04 the other day in Sydney... its still there, unlike > a certain similar dish I hear was affixed to the top of a building at UNSW > a few years back that fell off three days after it was put up... and yes, I > hung it all over the PhD who botched that one, especially the bit where I > told him I was "just a dumb tradesman." > > My eyes might've gotten a bit misty, I took some photos for my niece in > the years to come, and I left again. It is what it is. > > Meanwhile Brucee, thanks for the hotline tip! Better than Hackaday. > > On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:27 PM, Prof Brucee > wrote: > >> Your bad fortune. >> >> On 27/04/2017 1:13 PM, "Winston Kodogo" wrote: >> >>> Well, such are my limitations, I don't give two short smegs about the >>> Blit or "The Labs", Johnny come latelelys that they are, promoting new >>> editors such as "ed". Instead of edt, the one true editor. But when I was a >>> lad, these many years ago, we did have to pick up the phone - without dial, >>> there was no dial - wait for the operator at the Sanderstead exchange and >>> ask the operator to connect us. >>> >>> On 27 April 2017 at 14:42, Shane Morris wrote: >>> >>>> Dear God, big old working exchanges?! >>>> >>>> We had a tiny little relay logic step by step PABX at trade school, >>>> adjusting her was punishment detail. Well, it *was* until they worked >>>> out I actually enjoyed getting the old girl to make party tricks... >>>> >>>> I wonder if I *am* actually allowed into the US these days...? Likely >>>> not... perhaps I can see some photos instead? >>>> >>>> Cheers mate! >>>> >>>> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Bruce Ellis >>>> wrote: >>>> >>>>> For those interested in the Blit and other stuff from the labs, >>>>> particularly if you are in the Seattle area, you might like to contact >>>>> smj@sdf.lonestar.org who is the Associated Curator of the >>>>> Communications Museum. He gave me a tour and I introduced him to >>>>> games/crabs. >>>>> >>>>> Big old telephone exchanges in working order are fun! >>>>> >>>>> brucee >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >