On 19 November 2012 04:59, Steve Simon wrote: > I need to learn c++ for work - people have strong opinions on > languages I know, and not everyone likes c++ but its a requirment for me. > > I really want to develop a good sence of c++ style, I learnt C at the feet > of > K&R and then the plan9 sourcecode so I learnt how to write clean elegant > code > (I think :-). The problem I am finding is there are many c++ styles and I > have > yet to find a clean and elegant one. > > anyone sugest a project that I could look at that contains well written > code? > failing that is there a book that teaches good style? > > I am refering to things like adding a leading m_ to class member variables > (which looks horrid to me but I am willing to learn), and smart locks > (mutexs > which unlock on destruct). > > Thanks for any suggestions. > > -Steve > > Isn't all C code valid C++? problem solved.