I'm interested! On Apr 8, 2013 7:31 PM, wrote: > Folks, > > We're in! Plan 9 has been accepted to participate in this year's > Summer of Code. This will be our fifth year participating, and as for > the past few, we'll be again serving as an umbrella organization for > the extended family of Plan 9 projects, including Inferno, Plan 9 from > User Space, and so on. > > I've filled in our profile on Melange (the webapp that Google uses > to run the program) so we're visible on the accepted-orgs list[1], but > I'm still going around updating various things, so (for example) the wiki > isn't updated yet. This should all be done shortly. > > So now the fun work starts. We need to get as many students as > we reasonably can interested in what we're doing and convinced that > working with us for a summer is a good plan (and, really, who could > argue with that?). More students yield more accepted projects, and > better ones to pick from. > > We could also still use more mentors and ideas, of course. The > ideas page[2] is still the correct place to submit those. Just follow the > format of the existing example and attach your name for any idea > (including existing ones) you'd be willing to mentor for. As a reminder, > putting your name there now is not a commitment to mentor any > particular proposal; we'll still evaluate those as they come in. > > The next big milestone is when student applications open on > April 22. Until then, come hang out in #plan9-gsoc or #plan9 on > irc.freenode.net if you're interested in answering student questions. > > This is pretty exciting. > Anthony > > [1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2013 > [2] > http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/gsoc-2013-ideas/index.html > > >