On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > On Mon Oct 29 19:06:41 EDT 2012, bakul@bitblocks.com wrote: > > On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:47:02 -0000 Charles Forsyth < > charles.forsyth@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > > > He can fool it once, but can he fool it twice? Can he recompile? > > > > Why not. Compilers never get wise to the ways of sneaky programmers! > > feedback-based optimization. > > - erik > > Call me crazy, but I always felt compilers were there to emit code that reflected what I wrote, not what it thinks it can do a better job writing for me. People complain that Go is not a good systems language due to the garbage collector. Maybe C isn't a good language due to all the places where optimizers are allowed to break code.