This is truly excellent. Now to get Python to work out of the box on Plan 9. Dave On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Steven Stallion wrote: > All, > > I'm happy to report that the official Mecurial port is complete and > has been accepted upstream. Starting with version 2.2, Mercurial will > support Plan 9 and friends out of the box. > > You can find more information about the port here: > > http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Plan9FromBellLabs > http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/FactotumExtension > > I've updated stallion/mercurial to version 2.2-rc for the time being. > The official 2.2 release is scheduled for the first of May. As soon as > the release is made, I'll update the package. > > Some (slightly) bad news: > > Due to the number of changes that needed to be made in order for the > port to be accepted upstream, I decided to recreate the contrib > package. If you have installed a previous revision of > stallion/mercurial, please be sure to completely remove it before > installing the new one. Installation is slightly manual since it > requires removing incorrect paths that were installed by > bichued/python, however the process is documented in the > Plan9FromBellLabs page above and in > sources/contrib/stallion/src/mercurial/README. > > Cheers, > > Steve > >