On Tuesday, June 12, 2012, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote: > On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 01:12:55AM -0400, Kurt H Maier wrote: > > Evaluations of the Sheevaplug in particular revealed it tended to > > overheat badly if you put any significant load on the networking > > components. Heating problems combined with poor quality control would > > be my guess as to why that whole thing never flew. > > > > I'm very happy with my Sheevaplug. It works with heavy cpu loads (full gnu > system builds from time to time) for days, and works very good. It's > serving me > very well already three years I think. > > I've it connected to a 100Mbps switch though, no gigabit. > > I've replaced capacitors in its power supply twice, though - they blew up. > I > think the power supply is not very well designed, but those big capacitors > are > cheap. I have a guruplug I've got very little time for, but getting Plan 9 on it was no problem. I don't do anything with heavy CPU or network usage on Plan 9 anyway. I'm a bit surprised at the thermal problems, and I believe there was a promise to address them, but I lost interest. Dave > > Regards, > Lluís. > >