On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Bakul Shah wrote: > On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:35:12 EDT erik quanstrom > wrote: > > > You should explore /sys on Linux. They've embraced namespaces in a > major way. > > > > what am i missing. linux' /sys is just a synthetic filesystem. where > do you > > see this exploring the idea of namespace? > > Oops. s/namespace/synthetic filesystem/ > > It'd be a lot better if it was a synthetic file system in a restricted namespace. I don't think 100% of the processes need to or should have the opportunity to mess with /sys. But maybe that's just all this stuff I learned from Plan 9. :-) Dave