* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 potential target ports (Was: PDP11 (Was: Re: what heavy negativity!))
@ 2018-10-12  3:09 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2018-10-12  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 10/11/18, hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:

> [ ... ] which is why i would never actually
> recommend the pi. And there are even more alternatives now.

Simply because I've never seen their name mentioned here - I did miss
a year or two, I'm sure I mentioned them before that - let me do same
namedropping: Olimex.

They are a Bulgarian electronic engineering outfit that seriously
believes in Open Hardware and consistently prove that they do. They in
turn seem to be missing the Plan 9 boat, but it's easier to understand
that.

Were I to get a chance to relive my life, I'd take an early turn to
Bulgaria around 2000 and a bit (my dream country is Iceland, actually,
but Bulgaria makes a nice second-best - I do like the weather in South
Africa, though, but I'm not that much of an outside person).

Anyway. back to Olimex. They have an impressive range of products they
have developed and quality controlled themselves. All of them
available as circuit diagrams and printed circuit board templates.

Their kit laptop begs to be given a Plan 9 lease of life, but my close
friend who yearly visits Bulgaria wasn't in a position to bring me a
sample. Next year, I will make sure he does.

And while mentioning my dreamscape, does anyone consider the Fairfone
(or Fairphone) a plausible target for a Plan 9 based mobile port?

Lucio.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 potential target ports (Was: PDP11 (Was: Re: what heavy negativity!))
@ 2018-10-20 22:10 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2018-10-20 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the complains where about the *HDMI*. which is the work
of DRM mafia. displayport at is a standard with available
documentation.

--
cinap