From: Lucio De Re <lucio.dere@gmail.com>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] authoritative source for u9fs?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 07:10:18 +0200	[thread overview]

On 1/25/21, Charles Forsyth <charles.forsyth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just accepted an important pull request to it that I missed, until I
> looked at it in response to this, so you should do another pull to get
> that.
> Generally, though it has been reasonably stable for some time. Changes are
> often just to cope with this year's #ifdefs or feature defines.

Under NetBSD 9.1, I needed to add -D_NETBSD_SOURCE to get rid of
warnings for undefined initgroups() and ruserok(). The compiler seem
to recommend getgroups() and cuserid() as alternatives. I'm not sure
how best to deal with this for other platforms.

Lucio.

PS: The new executable seems noticeably bigger than whatever I used
previously. Which happens to be the NetBSD "pkg" version
(/usr/pkgsrc/filesysytems/u9fs). Hmm, the differences are quite
significant...