Hey. This has gone beyond useless and abusive. Go away. This list is not for your spleen venting. And... I found v10 (it was never lost). brucee On 7 September 2013 23:56, Aram Hăvărneanu wrote: > > we got not a single cent for nix. As far as lsub is concerned, > > it's been a free time effort. > > You are seriously misrepresenting nix and/or yourself. > > From http://lsub.org: > "Nix is joint work of Laboratorio de Sistemas with Bell Laboratories, > Sandia National Labs, and Vitanuova." > > Lsub is part of GSyC which is an academic institution funded with > public money. Sandia National Labs is funded by the DOE. People are > getting paid to work on nix. This is not "Nemo and his friends hack > on Plan 9" project. It that would be the case, using the lsub name > everywhere would constitute grave academic misconduct. You publish > papers with lsub credentials. > > My personal projects are not my employers (in fact some people place > huge disclaimers stating that; I find the practice silly). Nix is > not a personal project. It's listed right there on the lsub page > along with other Plan 9-related project. Some of them even list > their grants: > > "Finnancial support, in part, by Spanish MCYT TIN2010-17344 and > Madrid CAM S-2009/TIC-1692." > > "This work is supported in part by grants CAM CLOUDS S2009/TIC-1692 > and MCyTTIN-2007-67353-C02-02" > > You are paid by your university to work on Plan 9-related projects. > It's part of your everyday job. > > Let's take a look at other misinformation: > > > Today it continues using a public development process, as described > > above. > > It does not. It's done in secret. It wasn't always done like this. > For a short while, development was public. It stopped being public > when you (nemo) and Ron fighted and couldn't find common ground. > Then you took the toys and locked them in your fortress. > > > there is no private nix development going on > > Let's quote something from a recent nix paper: > > "We are grateful to Charles Forsyth for his advice regarding this > work, and to the new Plan 9 secret society." > > Ahem. > > -- > Aram Hăvărneanu > >