Good old jim. I had a great time writing bedbug (a VAX C debugger) using it - in a weekend with a cockatiel on my shoulder - when you were kind enough to let me stay as a house guest. I recall you saying that you used bedbug when writing sam. Such an enlightenment after using vi. Was it a 1200 baud modem? brucee On 27 April 2017 at 22:37, Rob Pike wrote: > Total coincidence: I played on a 5620 yesterday, connected to a 3B2 > running System V. Used jim for the first time since 1985. > > -rob > > > On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Bruce Ellis > wrote: > >> I guess Stephen should update his webpage. He's quite a specialized >> tinkerer. He built a huge analogue synthesizer for the Smashing Pumpkins, >> so big the photo he showed me was taken in a car lot. I had test audio of >> his S&H module as a ring-tone on my old nokia, which drove the nurses in >> hospital nuts. brucee has epilepsy. >> >> I still have a working 5630 in storage. It's quite a shame when the labs >> tries to productize a neat invention. >> >> Skip. Have you made a phone call on the 1ESS with it's two storey rails? >> >> brucee >> >> On 27 April 2017 at 14:12, Skip Tavakkolian >> wrote: >> >>> From a recent twitter thread -- droppings?! :) -- I got the impression >>> that smj wasn't at Comm. Museum anymore. >>> >>> Coincidentally, on the same thread I found out that by a series of >>> happy accidents my old 5620 ended up in a nice home, restored to its >>> original beauty. The same guy has done some amazing restoration of old and >>> exotic computers. >>> >>> >>> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 5:57 PM Bruce Ellis >>> wrote: >>> >>>> For those interested in the Blit and other stuff from the labs, >>>> particularly if you are in the Seattle area, you might like to contact >>>> smj@sdf.lonestar.org who is the Associated Curator of the >>>> Communications Museum. He gave me a tour and I introduced him to >>>> games/crabs. >>>> >>>> Big old telephone exchanges in working order are fun! >>>> >>>> brucee >>>> >>> >> >