* [9fans] debugging out of registers on 8c
@ 2011-09-02 21:25 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2011-09-02 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm not sure of the sensible approach to localizing this one:

<eof> out of fixed registers
<eof> out of fixed registers
<eof> error in regfree: AL

8c 53099: error

I can do brute force but I'm sure there's a smarter way.

ron

* Re: [9fans] debugging out of registers on 8c
@ 2011-09-02 21:46 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2011-09-02 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

forward as small an example as you can and i'll have another go at it.
the AL is a good clue that there is more to this than i believed.

brucee

--
Don't meddle in the mouth -- MVS (0416935147, +1-513-3BRUCEE)

* Re: [9fans] debugging out of registers on 8c
@ 2011-09-02 22:16   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2011-09-02 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

it was a long long - a long long as a parameter. I think you've seen
this one too, brucee. An easy workaround.

@ 2011-09-02 22:39     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2011-09-02 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

well that fits the profile. what i have considered is ... very often
the top register of a vlong is either known to be zero or known to be
sext of another, and need not be allocated.

brucee

--
Don't meddle in the mouth -- MVS (0416935147, +1-513-3BRUCEE)