grep pattern /dev/text # a.k.a /dev/wsys/`{read /dev/winid}^/text On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 1:30 AM Rudolf Sykora wrote: > On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 09:22, Ethan Gardener wrote: > > > > On Wed, Oct 3, 2018, at 4:20 AM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote: > > > Turn off the scroll in the rio window that the shell is running in, > then cat the file. > > > > This is my preferred option too. Also works in 9term. I liked to play > MUDs this way, but without color I missed stuff. > > This has the problem of inability to search within the text, > e.g. when reading a man page. > > On the other hand, a pager should perhaps be only a pager. > > When one needs to do searching, something like 'less' on unixes > is far more convenient for me. > > Ruda > >