fcp in plan 9 and 9pserve in p9p On Tue Feb 03 2015 at 3:35:07 AM Giacomo Tesio wrote: > While reading intro(5) I noticed these very interesting lines: > > Fids are chosen by > the client. All requests on a connection share the same fid > space; when several clients share a connection, the agent > managing the sharing must arrange that no two clients choose > the same fid. > > And later: > > A client can send multiple T-messages without waiting for > the corresponding R-messages, but all outstanding T-messages > must specify different tags. The server may delay the > response to a request and respond to later ones; this is > sometimes necessary, for example when the client reads from > a file that the server synthesizes from external events such > as keyboard characters. > > > This is a very interesting feature, allowing a sort of proxing at > connection level. > Such a proxy could accept 9P connections on a socket and forward them to a > remote server (after modifying fids and tags so that they are kept unique), > largely improving scalability. > If available, I'd really like to read such code. > > BTW, is there any client library that actually enables consumers to send > multiple T-messages without waiting the corresponding R-messages and then > consume responses when they arrive? > > All the 9p implementations that I saw were synchronous, allowing only one > client per connection. > > > Where can I find an implementation of these features? > I guess it would be a really instructive read. > > > Giacomo >