* [9fans] searching advice
@ 2021-04-11 21:59 ibrahim.a.71 via 9fans
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: ibrahim.a.71 via 9fans @ 2021-04-11 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi 9fans,

I'm currently trying plan9. During my test phase I installed 9legacy on qemu.  Everythings works fine but I couldn't master to exchange files with my host system (linux). I tried a virtfs, virtual fat drives an ext image and failed mounting the filesystem in plan9

I would prefer ext2 as a shared partition :

I tried

ext2srv
mount -c /srv/ext2 /n/hostfs /dev/sdD0

and this results in an error message :
mount: mount /n/hostfs : no file system device specified

I looked in the man pages and on internet but couldn't find an example for mounting a harddisk or a setup to share files between host and guest.

Perhaps someone can point out how to exchange data using virtual harddisks or u9fs.

Thanks in advance