I feel privileged to have met Jim and to have learned from him in person and from the work he left us. His passing is a great loss to 9fans and all those who had the chance to meet him. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. The first time I met Jim was at a (mostly) 9fans event one evening during Supercomputing in 2005. The second time was enroute to Madrid for IWP9 2006. On that occasion, out of nervousness and fandom and to the point of annoyance, I talked and asked him questions incessantly. He was very patient with me. I had hoped that we might convince him to attend the next IWP9. He will be missed. I've attached a picture from the SC|05 meetup at Pike Place Brewery. I believe Audrey (nee Andrey :) ) took the picture. -Skip On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 5:37 PM Charles Forsyth wrote: > I am sorry to say that Jim McKie (jmk) died suddenly on 16 June. > https://www.ippolitofuneralhomes.com/obituaries/James-B-McKie?obId=15111702&fbclid=IwAR3d7aHZXEOhYz-ciOrQPh-W1eMw-_8MHiCUdeKOxzLBEI6VGHsSn4aTjdk > *9fans * / 9fans / see discussions > + participants > + delivery options > Permalink > >