how does one delete windows that have another window manager running inside (rio or nile)? On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM, wrote: > While poking around for something unrelated, I found a 9fans > message[1] from Russ describing a hypothetical menuless (sic) > rio. It sounded interesting so I've mostly implemented it in nile[2], > a rio derivative I've been poking at. I think it does everything > described in that message but the title bar. Invoke with -m to get > the mode described in that message (it's half way there anyway). > > I've got a *lot* of muscle memory attached to rio's way of doing > things, but so far this feels quite nice. There's a man page and a > readme, in case the description in Russ's message doesn't make > things clear. > > I use nile as a playground for other rio ideas and and integrating > other people's mods, so there are some rough bits. Right now, it > adds Andrey's transparent window creation mod (useful over poor > networks) and yiyus's non-interactive mod (although I no longer > use this and will likely remove it soon). > > I've also put up a version of winwatch[3] which adds a menu > on button 3 similar to rio's. This is very useful with nile -m. The > big missing function is that there's no mousy way to set the > scroll state, nor any way to find the current state. I've started > playing with some of the "global command window" ideas which > have come up in such conversations, too. > > [1] http://9fans.net/archive/2005/03/31 > [2] /n/sources/contrib/anothy/src/cmd/nile > [3] /n/sources/contrib/anothy/src/cmd/winwatch.c > > >