yes. in p9p, srv initiates auth and expects factotum to negotiate it. i use this (it is from a man page and/or wiki page; i forget): #!/bin/bash factotum -n srv -a bootes bootes sudo mount -t 9p -o trans=unix,uname=$USER,dfltuid=`id -u`,dfltgid=`id -g` `namespace`/bootes /mnt/bootes On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:10 PM James A. Robinson wrote: > If I want to be able to use v9fs to mount a plan9 fileserver as a specific > user, do I need to provide credentials via plan9port factotum? > > Drawterm takes an argument about which authentication server to talk to, > but the directions I see for v9fs seem to only talk about USER environment > variables, or mounting a factotum interface. > >