The general idea of teaming up to address issues/bugs or add features is some sort of hackathon. On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 9:49 PM wrote: > > Jeff (jas) and I have been chatting about organizing a "Plan 9 : 2020" > > workshop. We're trying to gauge everyone's interest, and to solicit > agenda > > items, venue suggestions, and hopefully volunteers to help organize it. > > I'd be interested in attending, and I don't mind taking some time to > help organize. > > > If you have a different suggestion, or are willing to offer a venue, > please > > comment. > > Some of us have also been talking about planning an OpenBSD-style > hackathon. (OpenBSD hackathons: Get developers in a room, and write > code for a week, exchanging ideas, trying to get commits into base and > ports. Beer is usually involved.) > > We'd discussed putting together something like that for Plan 9 in the > first half of 2020. Anyone hacking on Plan 9 related code would be > welcome. > > I don't know if this is a different suggestion so much as a different > event. Experience implies that merging the two together may be a bit > too much in one shot. > > Expect a post about that when we start sorting out the details. > >