* [9fans] Better Code Snippets & Suggestions
@ 2021-02-22 23:07 William Linkmeyer
From: William Linkmeyer @ 2021-02-22 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan9

Dearest Nines,

I’ve been reading these email chains for about three years now. You’ve all taught me quite a bit. I understand that this will be a bit off-topic as it’s not directly related to Plan9. So be it. I wanted to start a chain and chime in on something that I do have experience with.
I’ve been developing a code suggestion platform. The concept is simple relatively simple. As the programmer is typing, patterns in the given code block are identified and compared to a database of tagged code snippets. The code snippet that is most relevant will be presented to the programmer as a suggestion.
The code snippets all come originally from Stack Overflow, GitHub, and my own programs. I’m in the process of tagging these snippets for important features such as purpose, list of operations, any applicable design patterns, paradigms, etc. The more “essential” features are being tagged as well — features such as the number of arguments, return type, etc.
It’s an interesting project to me. While I think that it’s going well, I’m certain that the large-brain folk here have important commentary on it.

With Peace,
Will