On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 1:31 PM Ethan Gardener wrote: > On Thu, Jul 23, 2020, at 6:50 PM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote: > > Going by memory, assuming aux/vga ran, you should be able to type > 8-Alt-1-2 to type 8½ > > You should also be able to start acme or sam instead of 8½. > > These will probably work, except acme hadn't been invented yet and sam may > or may not give an error the first time. (Checked with another demo disk.) > You probably do want to start the window system, there is no way to kill > the foreground process without it. > Acme (Alef version) is in 2ed; the single-floppy version doesn't seem to have the binary. Looking at the screenshot that Will sent me directly, the dates on the binaries match up to 2ed release. I'm pretty sure the four-floppy set that came with the CDROM has the acme binary. I don't have any floppy drives that I trust to look at my copy.