On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM, hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote: > > dedicate a machine to the file server. > > This must be the best way to keep the plebeian hands off the artwork: > museums that are only open to curators. > This certainly also provided for my technical contribution to this mailing > list. > you misunderstand the strength of Plan 9 and use a false premise in regards to the cost. the point of Plan 9 is to have a heterogeneous collection of machines, each dedicated to a finite set of services (resources) that one can import, export and access in a uniform way. you seem to imply that requiring more than one machine is elitist. one can build a RPi Plan 9 cpu for less than $50; hardware that can run an fs (any fs) is cheap-to-free. > > >> > my guess is that it's a mutated gene. > > but was probably abused as a child. > > This is unhelpful. I wouldn't even go as far as calling Kurt a troll. > You are just hurling off boring insults whereas he was pointing out > the sad truth in a joking thus diplomatic manner - subsequently > getting supported by your replies - that this mailing list is snarky, > unfriendly and often unhelpful. Although I hope this is just you being > drunk and attempting to troll yourself. > > please tell us about your Plan 9 setup.