On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM, wrote: > > In the meantime, I'd like some 9fans who may own a Sheevaplug, > possibly also other ARM equipment supported by Plan 9 - 9fans with > some interest in Go - to try to install Go on their devices. The > instructions are detailed in "codereview" CL 7987044, see the Go > documentation on how to contribute for guidelines. Briefly, the idea > is to clone the "tip" (default) Go development tree and build it > _after_ applying CL 7987044 as a patch. To the best of my knowledge, > "make.rc" will build the Go distribution and "run.rc --no-rebuild" > will run the tests. > > Ideally, I'm looking for a breakthrough with a pristine Plan 9 > distribution. This would require building the ARM (5?) development > toolchain, then the entirety of the runtime for the ARM as well as the > appropriate kernel(s). I guess the interested parties already know > this, as well as how to boot the ARM equipment with the most recent > available ARM kernel. > > I've been planning to try Plan9/ARM Go, so I'll give it a go. I can it on Sheeva and GuruPlugs and possibly TrimSlice -- I need to figure out the how to net boot it. -Skip