what's the latency caused by the auth step? FYI, from Seattle I see about 8 seconds to establish but as Charles noted, it's reasonably fast after that. On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 2:05 PM arisawa wrote: > Hello, > > we can measure the latency that comes from network connection > by executing simple program such as telnet or something others > to the port 8006 of grid.nyx.link. the content is: > #!/bin/rc > cat $net/local > cat $net/remote > > yes the DNS may make a problem in IPv4/IPv6 mixed environment. > my server supports both IPs. > the cpu command will select IPv4. the command does not have “-6” option. > If we want to connect by IPv6, literal IP address is required in the > argument of the command. > > Kenji Arisawa > > > In my experience, it's almost unfailingly the DNS that slows down > > establishing an Internet session of any type. > > > > Lucio. > > > 2016/05/12 0:23、Kenny Lasse Hoff Levinsen > のメール: > > > > Well, based on the 9fs test that was posted, I'd think dial is being > awfully slow. > > > > Maybe try something simpler? aux/listen1 echo hello and a simple network > connection? > > > > Best regards, > > Kenny Levinsen > > > > On 11. maj 2016, at 16.13, Charles Forsyth > wrote: > > > >> > >> On 11 May 2016 at 14:44, Kenny Lasse Hoff Levinsen < > kennylevinsen@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Delete the channel from /srv in the loop to test a full remote mount > dance, including the initial dial. It shouldn't take 3s to dial, though. > >> > >> There's something initially slow in connecting to grid.nyx.link with > cpu, and setting up, but once there it's fine. > > >