option 2 doesn't make sense. using the cpu(1) as a test setup, please show how such a wstat would work atomically if one does 'mv /mnt/term/foo /tmp/foo'. note that 'cpu' exports the local fs to the cpu it connects to (which is then mounted on /mnt/term). also one can 'cpu' to a different domain (i.e different fs). On Thu Feb 05 2015 at 8:47:43 AM Giacomo Tesio wrote: > Il 05/Feb/2015 17:26 "erik quanstrom" ha scritto: > > > > I'm wondering for a > > > synthetic filesystem in which, when you move a folder in a special > > > directory, something magic happens. > > > As far as I can see, it is not possible with a 9p2000 fileservice, is > it? > > > > i don't see why you can't make a magic directory that works that way. > > > > How? Which 9p message would trigger the magic? > > I just see 2 options: > 1. Have a control file > 2. Use custom wstat with full path to move > > But if both are wrong, I'm lost. > > Giacomo >