* [9fans] any benchmark/comparison of 9P/RUDP vs 9P/TCP?
@ 2019-03-20 18:38 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2019-03-20 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Reading up on QUIC recently, I wondered if anyone had tried a retake of IL
on top of UDP rather than being its own IP protocol. IIRC, most of the
problems with using IL over the Internet were interference by middle
boxes/firewalls, etc.

Looking through some of the material, I found RUDP and the implementation
that's already there. (A wonderful thing about getting old is rediscovering
things you used to know).

Is anyone using 9P over RUDP?  Are there any benchmarks of 9P performance
over the Internet using RUDP and TCP?

Thanks,
-Skip