thanks! this is cool. btw, the only supplier i can find is aliexpress. are there any others? On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:07 PM, cherry wrote: > Hello 9Fans, > > I just got a Loongson 2F machine (Yeeloong 8089A laptop) (MIPS LE), so > I extended my previous Loongson 2E port (32 bit) to run on it. Now > both machines can run Plan 9. Specific to 2F laptop, the keyboard, > mouse, screen and ethernet are supported. The hard drive is supported > only on 2E. USB does not work yet on either machine. And for the > userland of MIPS LE, all the commands built and seem to work okay, > including acme and page. If anybody interested, check it out at > https://bitbucket.org/cherry9/plan9-loongson > (lucio, is it the same machine as yours?) > > Currently the 2F kernel specific bits are kept in a separated > directory. It is quite similar to 2E but I haven't tried to unify both > kernels. Bind it before the 2E sources to use it. > > As a separated message, upon minux's request, I started to look into > 64 bit MIPS. Both 2E and 2F machines are 64 bit, though R4000-ish, not > standard MIPS64. Currently I build the compiler, 4c, based on the old > one from /n/sources/contrib/tim, now at > https://bitbucket.org/cherry9/4c > > With this compiler, the 64 bit kernel is in progress. For now, it > boots on my 2E machine, with serial console only. I haven't got time > to look into any device drivers. PCI space is 32 bit... Will do it > ASAP. > > Hope this message is useful. > > Thanks, > -cherry > >