rummaging around /mnt/term when using drawterm might be enlightening. On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:20 AM Kim Lassila wrote: > > > On Mar 25, 2020, at 8:19 AM, Anthony Sorace wrote: > > With iOS getting first-class mouse pointer support, I’m looking at the iOS > drawterm port again. Has anyone touched this since the old GSoC project bit > rotted out? > > > Drawterm is quite slow at reading and writing pixels on the screen. I > learned this when I started recording screen in Plan 9 ( > https://github.com/9d0/screencast). > > Instead of porting drawterm to different platforms I would like to see > vncs improved to support the latest version of the Remote Framebuffer > Protocol (RFC 6143). This would allow a standard VNC client to connect to a > Plan 9 terminal, support screen resizing, local mouse cursor, and deliver > all key strokes and mouse chords accurately. VNC is optimized to work over > a large variety of different networks including high latency links and it > will therefore offer a better user experience than drawterm, especially > over wireless. > > Kim > > *9fans * / 9fans / see discussions > + participants > + delivery options > Permalink > >