Thierry, Thanks for more excellent work on KerTeX. I don't use LaTeX myself, just good old plain TeX, but I always turn to KerTeX for that. There does seem to be some minor permissions issues on downloads.kergis.com at the moment, affecting get_mk_install.sh, kertex_bundle.tar, and possibly other files. Those two at least consistently return `403 Forbidden'. The individual source tarballs don't seem to affected. Thanks again for all the hard work, -- Byron Grobe On Sun, Apr 17, 2022, 14:35 wrote: > Hello, > > LaTeX3 requires additional primitives neither present in TeX nor e-TeX > and I had hence to develop these primitives on the TeX/e-TeX engine. The > result is Prote (MIT licensed change file), compatible with TeX, with > e-TeX and providing the primitives required now by the latest LaTeX > developments. Some additional file handling had to be developed as > well (\input primitive) and this has been done too (this was a major > work also). > > I have published a new version of kerTeX, with the LaTeX recipe > (latex.sh) updated as well so that kerTeX will progressively return > being really "live" that is: taking whatever is current on CTAN to > update packages with a seldom need to update the recipe itself (since I > was blocked by the new LaTeX development, I had to cache the "old" > versions of the CTAN packages on my site so that everything will not > fail due to the LaTeX evolution). > > I have tested an early version on 9front/amd64 and there was no error. > If I find the time (I'm short on it right now) I will test it also with > 9legacy/rpi. > > Future directions: Prote is an uniq engine compatible with standard TeX, > with e-TeX and now with LaTeX requirements. I'd like to make it able to > be the formatting engine for *roff macros too so that an uniq program > will be able to do all. It still depends on nothing but only > on libc (with the exception of one file related primitive, it was even > only standard C libc, not requiring even POSIX.1). And it is > unencumbered. > > FWIW, > -- > Thierry Laronde > http://www.kergis.com/ > http://kertex.kergis.com/ > http://www.sbfa.fr/ > Key fingerprint = 0FF7 E906 FBAF FE95 FD89 250D 52B1 AE95 6006 F40C ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T72be67a64cf3bb84-Me9b88d81a3847893c8c23b00 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription