From: Brian Vito <brian.vito2@gmail.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: [9fans] Setting 9pi Start State / Drawterm to 9pi
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:49:40 -0600	[thread overview]

I have recently installed Plan 9 on my Raspberry Pi but I can't seem to
figure out how to modify the start state -- while I've configured acme the
way I want it and have used the dump command (so I can manually re-load
acme with -l and get my system back), I can't find where I set which
acme.dump file for acme to load when the system starts (I always get the
default, regardless of what I try doing). If someone could point me to the
correct configuration file, it would be much appreciated.

Also, is there anything special that needs to be done to set up 9pi as a
server that I can drawterm to? The instructions I've found all seem to fit
a much more complicated scenario or otherwise just not apply to a simple,
new Plan 9 user on his Raspberry Pi wanting to make his new Plan 9 system
available to him at work, for example, using drawterm. For example,
http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9
/Drawterm_to_your_terminal/index.html lost me -- do I need to set up keyfs,
or is it not necessary in this situation?

Finally, does anyone know of a drawterm application for Mac OS X that runs
on 10.9? The download shows up as a document that I can't seem to get to
launch from the terminal or otherwise.

Thank you very much for any help you may be able to provide. 𝔹