* [9fans] John Floren, Im trying to make the world better
@ 2013-03-17 20:14 mycroftiv
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: mycroftiv @ 2013-03-17 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

John Floren wrote:
> But can you cut it out with the fucking nuclear meltdowns all over
> this list? And fix your email client so it replies to threads
> properly?

No, I am not giving up, and I am going to take this a lot further.  In
fact, it is very clear to me what the absolute purpose of my life is.
I believe my father died too early, that he left "unfinished business"
in his life as a Law Professor.  He didn't like what had become of
Patent and IP law.  He didn't like seeing how it was being abused.
And I guarantee that he would NOT like the situation that his son is
in vis-a-vis IBM.

So I am dedicating my life to this in a public way, and I am going to
dedicate every penny of money from my father's inheritance to fighting
the patent bs that I see in Plan 9.  I am going to use my father's
money to try to carry on the work that i believe he wished he would
have done had he still lived - trying to make a difference in changing
the patent system.

If my father was alive and not sick, I think he'd be writing academic
papers attacking the kinds of patent BS engaged in by IBM and others.
He's not, so I will do what I can - and so I intend to start
researching all Plan 9/9P related patents, and then attempting an
individual effort to fight them and have them invalidated in court.

Maybe nobody wants to use ANTS, but I am sure it has plenty of ideas
in it that are about the same as those which get patented by large
corporations.  I don't any of this stuff patented.  Since I've just
released ANTS it forms a body of prior art (and is based on projects
on sources going back to 2009) so I am going to investigate every
patent I can find in this area, and then see if a crazy guy in a
basementy can actually mount an effective attack on the
Patent-Industrial complex.

I really admire you Mr. Floren, your work on 9p streams is one of the
best papers done on Plan 9 with practical value.  Why don't you see
that I am an honest programmer working in an honest way to try to make
the world a better place?  Everything I do is trying to help the human
race survive and for human beings to be happy and care for one
another.

I love you, and I wish you to be my friend, John Floren.

Peace and Love,
Ben Kidwell
"mycroftiv"