From: Jens Staal <staal1978@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] miau, an IRC bouncer
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 07:40:13 +0100	[thread overview]

That error is very common where "ls -di" is called in the configure
script (strange that it did not complain on your other system).

a nice fix is fgb's "config" script
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/fgb/rc/config

another common problem is "grep", where the easiest is to write

GREP=grep
at the top of the configure script.