Edit { s/^/\[/ s/\:\ /\]/ } On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Eduardo Alvarez wrote: > Hello, everyone, > > I'm in the process of learning acme via Russ Cox's p9p port. Recently, I > found > myself editing some text to use with markdown, and needed to make more > than one > modification to a list. I wanted to know if it's possible to give the Edit > command more than one argument. For example, I found myself needing to > replace > colons with a close bracket (]), and inserting an open bracket at the > beginning > of the line. So I did this: > > Edit s/^/\[/ > Edit s/\:\ /\]/ > > And I was hoping to combine these into a single line, so, for example: > > Edit s/^/\[/ s/\:\ /\]/ > (Not sure if escaping was necessary, but I was playing it safe) > > Doing exactly what I did above resulted in the error > > "Edit: newline expected (saw f)" > > So that's obviously not it. But I'm not sure if it's at all possible. > > Thank you in advance. > -- > Eduardo Alvarez > > "Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, moriturus sum" > -- Rincewind The Wizzard >