* Re: [9fans] odd problem with auth (?)
       [not found] <CAL4LZyi3V0jf3u1HAEJPD0yxss7mYkD_AvYoMA2z5sZb0L6+Yw@mail.gmail.c>
@ 2011-07-12 18:16 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-07-12 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My /lib/ndb/local contains these lines (gozer gets its IP from a
> different DHCP server):
>
> auth=gozer authdom=mydom
>
> sys=gozer dom=gozer.mydom
>
> sys=zuul dom=zuul.mydom
>    bootf=/386/9pxeload
>    ip=10.1.18.192 ether=<whatever>
>
> Here are some commands I've tried, and the results I've seen:
>
> term% cpu -h gozer
> cpu: can't dial: gozer: port unreachable

so where would your term lookup the ip address of gozer?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] odd problem with auth (?)
@ 2011-07-12 18:36   ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2011-07-12 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm at lunch right now, but if "no ip in ndb" turns out to be the problem I
will have to buy myself a big dunce cap.

@ 2011-07-12 19:24     ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2011-07-12 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It's official--I'm an idiot. That was the problem, a simple
ip=10.1.18.190 added to the gozer entry fixed it.

John

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM, John Floren <john@jfloren.net> wrote:
> I'm at lunch right now, but if "no ip in ndb" turns out to be the problem I
> will have to buy myself a big dunce cap.
>
> On Jul 12, 2011 11:16 AM, "erik quanstrom" <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
>>> My /lib/ndb/local contains these lines (gozer gets its IP from a
>>> different DHCP server):
>>>
>>> auth=gozer authdom=mydom
>>>
>>> sys=gozer dom=gozer.mydom
>>>
>>> sys=zuul dom=zuul.mydom
>>> bootf=/386/9pxeload
>>> ip=10.1.18.192 ether=<whatever>
>>>
>>> Here are some commands I've tried, and the results I've seen:
>>>
>>> term% cpu -h gozer
>>> cpu: can't dial: gozer: port unreachable
>>
>> so where would your term lookup the ip address of gozer?
>>
>> - erik

* [9fans] odd problem with auth (?)
@ 2011-07-12 18:11 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2011-07-12 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've just set up two cpu servers named gozer and zuul. Gozer has a
local Fossil and keeps a Venti on a Coraid device; it boots a
"pccpufs" kernel (cpu + boot.fs initialization) and is otherwise (to
the best of my knowledge) set up just as specified in the document
"Configuring a Standalone CPU Server". Zuul netboots from gozer and
uses gozer's root, but it also starts a Fossil and Venti from a
different LUN on the Coraid device. Only gozer should be set up to run
auth services (via a line in cpustart, "aux/listen -q -t
/rc/bin/service.auth -d /rc/bin/service tcp"). I also have a terminal
which gets its root from gozer.

My /lib/ndb/local contains these lines (gozer gets its IP from a
different DHCP server):

auth=gozer authdom=mydom

sys=gozer dom=gozer.mydom

sys=zuul dom=zuul.mydom
   bootf=/386/9pxeload
   ip=10.1.18.192 ether=<whatever>

Here are some commands I've tried, and the results I've seen:

term% cpu -h gozer
cpu: can't dial: gozer: port unreachable
term% cpu -h go # an outside system
cpu%
term% 9fs gozer
srv: dial net!gozer!9fs: port unreachable
term% 9fs sources
term% cpu -h zuul
cpu: can't authenticate: zuul: auth_proxy rpc write: bootes: port unreachable
term% auth/debug
p9sk1 key: proto=p9sk1 dom=mydom user=john !password?
    dialing auth server net!gozer!ticket
    cannot dial auth server: port unreachable
    csquery authdom=mydom auth=gozer
term%

I think something is screwed up with auth, but I'm not sure what. I'm
able to initially boot the terminal using gozer's root, and there
isn't an error after I give gozer's IP as authentication server and
give it my username + password... But I'm not too familiar with auth,
so I'm asking if this makes sense to anyone.

Thanks

John Floren