* [9fans] Newbie question: I have a plan9 system running on
@ 2012-11-05 13:33 keystroke
From: keystroke @ 2012-11-05 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm not sure whether it's stupid to ask this question here.

Maybe it's too easy a question to answer, maybe you think that I am too lazy to post a question before do a good search on google, or read the document offered.

But English is not my first language, and it is a ton of words to read in order to just compile some pieces of code. And I got no one to ask, and there are no place where I can ask for help except here.

If it's too much to type, just give me some hints to google.

Help me, please.

* Re: [9fans] Newbie question: I have a plan9 system running on
@ 2012-11-05 16:23 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2012-11-05 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 5:33 AM, keystroke <zhangrui0000@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether it's stupid to ask this question here.
>
> Maybe it's too easy a question to answer, maybe you think that I am too lazy to post a question before do a good search on google, or read the document offered.
>
> But English is not my first language, and it is a ton of words to read in order to just compile some pieces of code. And I got no one to ask, and there are no place where I can ask for help except here.
>
> If it's too much to type, just give me some hints to google.
>
> Help me, please.

Go ahead and ask the question--it looks like you forgot it in your first email!

john

* Re: [9fans] Newbie question: I have a plan9 system
@ 2012-11-12  9:22       ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2012-11-12  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you could drawterm to your plan9 vm, and just access your local windows
namespace under /mnt/term. i think the standard drawterm only makes the
C: drive available, but i have a version that exports all drives under
/mnt/term:

http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/drawterm.exe

http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/devfs-win32.c

my build is probably outdated.

you can also export a namespace over CIFS/SMB protocol with cifsd. or
mount a windows share with cisfs. but i think the drawterm solution
would be the simplest. it also gives you faster graphics and text
copy n paste (/dev/snarf).

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] Newbie question: I have a plan9 system
@ 2012-11-12  9:51   ` keystroke
From: keystroke @ 2012-11-12  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In the doubt of news group have eaten my last posts, I post again to make sure
my answer should be know.

Thanks, John, I post my question in the title of the mail,
clearly it's not obvious to be perceive. Sorry for that.

The question is: I had my laptop running under windows xp, and I installed a
Plan9 system on a vmware virtual machine, how can I move my files between the win xp folder say D:\dir and the Plan9 Home floder or any other folder?

And thanks again, to you John, and any body else who is so kind and patient to
answer my question.

* Re: [9fans] Newbie question: I have a plan9 system
@ 2012-11-12 10:03     ` Bence Fábián
From: Bence Fábián @ 2012-11-12 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Using ftpd on either system. On plan 9 it's documented in the manpage
ipserv(8)
if you run the server on the windows machine, read ftpfs(4)

@ 2012-11-12 10:49         ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-11-12 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon Nov 12 05:26:47 EST 2012, cinap_lenrek@gmx.de wrote:
> you could drawterm to your plan9 vm, and just access your local windows
> namespace under /mnt/term. i think the standard drawterm only makes the
> C: drive available, but i have a version that exports all drives under
> /mnt/term:
>
> http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/drawterm.exe
>
> http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/devfs-win32.c
>
> my build is probably outdated.

if you'd like, since jas is working on pretty extensive changes to dt
for osx 10.8, if you could point us at your changes, we could merge
them in and have more-or-less one drawterm again.

i'd like to make sure that things like the authentication fix, and a
few subtile rpc fixes get pushed along.

- erik

ps. the swtch.com drawterm has the auth bug.  cavet emptor.
it is a drag debugging n00b + drawterm at the same time.

* Re: [9fans] Newbie question: I have a plan9 system running on
@ 2012-11-16  9:55 ` keystroke
From: keystroke @ 2012-11-16  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Damn, google eat my post again.

The problem is solve. Using ftpserver on xp, and ftpfs to mount the dir.

Although it's really slow, it works.

Many thanks to you folks.