---- I will take a look at coding in the -R flag for this Steve... Gonna take a while as I will have to re-up my Plan 9 network... ... or is that it?? cw5 ---- ...thing you'll want to do is ssh into your server but this time we're going to pass a -R flag and a port number. That flag "Specifies that the given port on the remote (server) host is to be forwarded to the given host and port on the local side." Basically a reverse tunnel.. http://www.hackido.com/2009/06/quick-tip-set-up-reverse-ssh-tunnel.html On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Steve Simon wrote: > Hi, > > In order to get remote access through a firewall I > currently have a script which I run on the inside > of the firewall which posts a file descriptor I > can mount from home. > > while(~ true true){ > cpu -h home -c 'rm -f /srv/work ; srvfs work /mnt/term ; while() > sleep 600 '>[2] /dev/null > sleep 10 > } > > so at home I just: > > mount /srv/work /n/work > bind /n/work/net /net.alt > > This works but the performance is not great espicially > if I cpu into the work machine from home: > > cpu -u /net.alt/tcp!work > > I assume the lack of zip is due to the multiple 9p round > trips necessary to establish the connection. > > Is there a more elegant, and hopefully more performant way of > do this using import -B? > > failing that any other techniques? > > sadly ssh -R isn't very useful on plan9 (I think). > > -Steve > >