* [9fans] 9pfuse and u9fs
@ 2016-02-16 10:20 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2016-02-16 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

my 9pfuse on macbook works fine in communicating plan9 file server.
however mounting u9fs fails with the message:
-bash$ 9pfuse /srv/mmac /n/mmac
9pfuse: fsmount: fid unknown or out of range
-bash$
how to understand this message?
does anyone succeed in mounting u9fs?

it would be great if 9pfuse can mount u9fs

Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] 9pfuse and u9fs
@ 2016-02-16 11:51 ` David Arroyo
From: David Arroyo @ 2016-02-16 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, arisawa

I have definitely used 9pfuse to mount a u9fs file server before. What auth method did you choose for u9fs?

David

On February 16, 2016 5:20:51 AM EST, arisawa <arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>Hello 9fans,
>
>my 9pfuse on macbook works fine in communicating plan9 file server.
>however mounting u9fs fails with the message:
>-bash$ 9pfuse /srv/mmac /n/mmac
>9pfuse: fsmount: fid unknown or out of range
>-bash$
>how to understand this message?
>does anyone succeed in mounting u9fs?
>
>it would be great if 9pfuse can mount u9fs
>
>Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] 9pfuse and u9fs
@ 2016-02-16 14:20   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2016-02-16 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

thanks for your reply.

the server mmac is mac and mountable from plan9 using 9fs.
auth method is set to p9any in u9fs setting.
In the experiment, I once (and only once) requested password

-bash$ 9fs mmac

!adding key: role=client proto=p9sk1 dom=mmac
user[arisawa]:
password:
!
authdial: Connection refused
-bash$

I don’t know why I am refused.
the password is probably registered to factotum

-bash$ 9 mount /srv/factotum /mnt/factotum
-bash$ cat /mnt/factotum/ctl
key dom=mmac proto=p9sk1 role=client user=arisawa !password?
-bash$

however

-bash$ 9pfuse /srv/mmac /n/mmac
9pfuse: fsmount: fid unknown or out of range
-bash$

has anyone experienced similar problem?

> 2016/02/16 20:51、David Arroyo <droyo@aqwari.net> のメール:
>
> I have definitely used 9pfuse to mount a u9fs file server before. What auth method did you choose for u9fs?
>
> David
>
> On February 16, 2016 5:20:51 AM EST, arisawa <arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hello 9fans,
>
> my 9pfuse on macbook works fine in communicating plan9 file server.
> however mounting u9fs fails with the message:
> -bash$ 9pfuse /srv/mmac /n/mmac
> 9pfuse: fsmount: fid unknown or out of range
> -bash$
> how to understand this message?
> does anyone succeed in mounting u9fs?
>
> it would be great if 9pfuse can mount u9fs
>
> Kenji Arisawa
>

> --

* Re: [9fans] 9pfuse and u9fs
@ 2021-11-05 14:15     ` Conor Williams
From: Conor Williams @ 2021-11-05 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, droyo, arisawa

can you po^Hing mmac
are you ok Mr. Arisawa?...
fuse is a relatively new file system android type on on
other things it may be a little buggy... we'll throw some
money at it soon...
talk soon my friend...
/c:2021nov6gmt2pm...
ps: i have to run to the shop to get spudz (taytos : colloquilly:N./A/M..)
pps: it could be firewall related in that the returning port which will be in
the packet may well be blocked... (not that you obviously need telling
but that is all
65,000 or so related hehe :-|.

* Re: [9fans] 9pfuse and u9fs
@ 2021-11-16  7:21       ` 有澤 健治
From: 有澤 健治 @ 2021-11-16  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks a lot for kind reply.

the problem has been resolved now.

thanks again.

On 2021/11/05 23:15, Conor Williams wrote:
> can you po^Hing mmac
> are you ok Mr. Arisawa?...
> fuse is a relatively new file system android type on on
> other things it may be a little buggy... we'll throw some
> money at it soon...
> talk soon my friend...
> /c:2021nov6gmt2pm...
> ps: i have to run to the shop to get spudz (taytos : colloquilly:N./A/M..)
> pps: it could be firewall related in that the returning port which will be in
> the packet may well be blocked... (not that you obviously need telling
> but that is all
> 65,000 or so related hehe :-|.

* Re: [9fans] 9pfuse and u9fs
@ 2021-11-21  4:24         ` Conor Williams