i use WD Caviar Greenmodel *WD20EARS (2TB SATA II*) without any problems. I installed from erik's 9atom.iso it is quite silent, but I have no idea how to measure its speed :-( ++pac On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM, slash wrote: > > the way to interpret this information is you may use 512 > > byte sectors if you really want to suffer terrible performance > > (usually 1/3 the normal performance for reasonablly random > > workloads.) > > That doesn't sound tempting at all. I am still within Amazon's return > window. Can anyone recommend a 2 TB SATA drive that works on our > favorite operating system out of the box at full speed? If it's quiet > and cheap, all the better. > > > let me think a bit about the correct solutions to this. it's clear > > to me that we just can't assume 512-byte sectors any more. > > I knew Plan 9 is picky about hardware, but a hard disk? *sigh* > >