Yes, I can recommend Erik' s 9atom, too, it solved my problems with installation onto a SATA-II HD some time ago... Regards, ++pac On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM, erik quanstrom wrote: > > Back to the Plan 9 install issue on native h/w.. does Plan 9 support SATA > > controllers? My VBox VM also needed the HDD to be on the IDE controller. > > it does support ahci controllers. vbox causes problems for a lot of oses, > and that's probablly a bigger project. > > i'm going to guess this is a power management issue. the ahci driver > was written before the standard, and thus has been a little slow in > catching up. > > could you try downloading 9atom, which is quite close to the distribution > (http://ftp.quanstro.net/other/9atom.iso.bz2)? it has a few power > management wiggles that may fix your issue. > > - erik > >