Okay, I'll give it a try. I must first decide on a (quasi)stable dir tree. The problem is that I have almost 2TB of data, so should I have another 2TB disk for Venti if I want to put there all? Thanks, Peter. On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM, wrote: > > I reorganize my data very often, moving between dirs, renaming, > > reorganising tree structure... > > How will Venti cope with this? > > Well. Venti does block-level deduplication. If you have 100 MB of data > in dir A and move it to dir B, you're not going to duplicate that storage > (you'll get new blocks for the directory, of course, but that's both > minimal and unavoidable). > > Anthony > > >