* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-15 18:17 Troy Cauble
From: Troy Cauble @ 2012-04-15 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I has also a similar problem with my terminal configured to utf-8. I
> solved it by puting
> set encoding=utf-8
> in my vimrc.

Thanks, but

>> encoding, termencoding, and fileencoding all show as utf-8

-troy

* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-14 18:54       ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2012-04-14 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I guess someone ported vim to plan9? Next you will have to give Ubuntu
support when linuxemu gets fixed.

> relax

ok.

* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-14 16:44     ` aram
From: aram @ 2012-04-14 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

No i'm serious. (although i don't speak/write in english well)

I had configured my terminal to utf-8 which should be adequate. But in
Vim, every greek letter was followed by a garbage character.
I suppose Vim overrides terminals configurations. By executing ``set
encoding=utf-8" in Vim, the problem was gone.

I'm sure Troy tried this too. My intention was to address that perhaps
this configuration is overridden.

--
This => <aram@privatdemail.net> is my new email address.

* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-14 16:13     ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2012-04-14 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 4:56 AM, hiro <23hiro@googlemail.com> wrote:
> bad troll

relax

* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-14 11:56   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2012-04-14 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

bad troll

* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-13 23:10 ` aram
From: aram @ 2012-04-13 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

--

@ 2012-04-13 22:02   ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2012-04-13 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 2012-04-13, at 2:50 PM, John Floren wrote:

> I have a solution, but you're not going to like it :)

I hear Acme Inc. has a very good product ;-)

* Re: [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-13 21:50 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2012-04-13 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Troy Cauble <troycauble@gmail.com> wrote:
> When using vim, Greek characters are shown followed by a
> garbage character, usually Esc., sometimes immediately after
> the Greek char, sometimes later in the line.  Editing that line
> after the Greek char, positioning is one-off.
>
> encoding, termencoding, and fileencoding all show as utf-8
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, how do I change the font used by vim.  It is not using $font.
>
> Thanks,
> -troy

I have a solution, but you're not going to like it :)

john

* [9fans] vim and utf-8
@ 2012-04-13 21:41 Troy Cauble