hi radiuspi, here are a few links about porting to plan 9. hopefully these are helpful for you as they are to me. you did not mention 9front, so if you don’t know about it i recommend learning about it, as it provides many helpful programs you don’t have in 9legacy. the third link is a man page for the coding style of 9front, which may be helpful for rewriting that C++ and obj C. https://plan9.io/wiki/plan9/Porting_alien_software_to_Plan_9/index.html http://wiki.9front.org/porting http://man.9front.org/6/style On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 7:50 AM wrote: > Hello all! Nightdive Studios recently released the source code for the Mac > OS9 / PowerPC version of System Shock 1. Besides being among my favorite > games, it's also one of the first properly 3D games to exist, and getting > it running on Plan 9 would be a fun and interesting project in my > estimation. The source code (https://github.com/NightDive-Studio/shockmac) > is written in C for the most part, with the notable exception of a bit of > C++ and the tiniest sliver of objective-c, each of which is possible to > convert somewhat inelegantly back into ansi C. It has conveniently > separated out the portion of the code that is specific to Mac, so my > admittedly uninformed hope is that if I could simply modify this code and > replace any references to Mac OS 9 event handlers and resources, I could > compile it on plan 9. Are there any resources available to port these > event handlers or resources, or any known projects that span across mac os > 9 and plan 9, that I could use as references? > > Apologies as well if this topic had already been created; after a brief > search, I couldn't find any other questions asking this same thing, so I > figured I'd produce my own and if I had missed something in my search > someone might point me in the right direction. > *9fans * / 9fans / see discussions > + participants > + delivery options > Permalink > > ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tfd89dd5bd6825f5c-Madeef7f2afb550d041fc4d19 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription