I've intended to see if I can glean any wisdom from the Android interface to OpenGL but have had neither the time nor motivation. Anyone here know if it's a model to learn from? -joe On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Charles Forsyth wrote: > OpenGL (within its scope) covers several platforms at once, and anyway has > to be handled somehow. > Early in Inferno's history, I looked at the then version OpenGL but since > at > the time it kept drawing state hidden (similar to PostScript), and largely > global, and the > designers hadn't discovered data structures yet, it wasn't clear whether > one could do a pleasant interface to it. To judge from (say) the current > Python interface, > probably not. Still putrid, but there's apparently not a lot you can do. > > (OpenVG by contrast seemed much better done, but that's 2D.) > > On 19 April 2012 05:15, Jeff Sickel wrote: > >> better to go native drawing libraries with Cocoa or OpenGL. > > >